Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fly free little bird! (or bat, if you prefer)

...as a girl who has worked full time since the age of 16, i've never been fired or laid off of work. For the last 4 years I have been working at a bookbindery in Chicago, until thursday 1/8/09. The day that will go down in history as the day I was laid off from my hellish jail sentence, which also happened to be one of my favorite personal holidays...Elvis Presley's birthday. I won't get into the logistics of the daily routine or how insane the place was. If your curious minds are wondering what it is like to work in a bindery where the majority of the books made are for lawyers, but the company is ran by members of "the chapel" and a tranny co-owner, please read "the bookbindery" by Sarah Royal http://www.buyolympia.com/q/Item=thebookbindery It's a hilarious zine written by perhaps one of the most hilariously fun ladies i have ever had the pleasure to work with.

I took the layoff pretty hard, the feelings of failure and rejection filled my crazy little head, along with tears. Friday I filed for Unemployment. Saturday I drank cocktails and had a sex in the city marathon. Today I made pancakes and am watching the History Channel. Tomorrow, I am beginning my unemployment picture blog in hopes of keeping the boredom at bay and also to keep my head up and motivated to embrace what lies ahead. I am going to post at least 10 pictures each day of my adventures of the first time in my life I am unemployed and on unemployment. I hope you enjoy my adventures and search of a new place of employment. As an added bonus I am also going to make a painting a day until i am no longer unemployed and post it for your viewing pleasure.

Hope you all are happy, employed and enjoy my future zany antics and paintings.


xoxo's
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment